Updated: Friday, March 27, 2020 - 11:00 a.m.
Masses will be broadcast through parish websites and Facebook LIVE:
- Sundays at 10:00 a.m.
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays at 9:00 a.m.
Here are some thoughts to assist you during these days. – Fr. Herb
- You, or you along with the family, can pick someone or some group to pray for each day and include that person or those persons in prayers several times during that day. It could be for those who are sick, those who live alone, those who are first responders, etc.
- Consider TODAY how you will celebrate Mass on line this weekend. Remember last week that some people lost the streaming because it was over-tapped. We are told that will not happen this weekend. Our Facebook site, however, continued streaming. Many people have said they gathered together in the living room or kitchen; a number were able to stream Mass on their large tv screens.
- One family said they are baking cookies on Saturday, so they can have ‘Cookies and Coffee’ after Mass on Sunday. Another family said they had a special dinner after Mass last week with the mother announcing: “After Mass you are invited into the Connection Center (aka the Dining Room) for a steak dinner.”
- Our Holy Week schedule will come out in the next day or two. All services will be streamed.
- Twenty seconds to wash your hands. A friend emailed to say he has started saying the Prayer of St. Francis instead of singing Happy Birthday. Try it:
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow charity;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is error, truth;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light; and Where there is sadness, joy.
O, Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
To be understood as to understand; To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying to ourselves that we are born to eternal life.